Saturday, August 26, 2006

What? A weekend post?

Yes, it's me. Posting on the weekend. I just had such a great start to the weekend that I had to post something about it. Now, I know everyone, meaning all 3 readers of this blog, are wondering how my weekend could have gotten off to such a wonderful start. Well, let me tell you.

As soon as the weekend began, meaning as soon as I got off from work, I turn onto Neyland Drive to head home for the night of fun ahead. Well, I turn onto Neyland from Lake Loudon and get behind a white minivan. I am in the right hand lane, looking to get over, but there's a lot of traffic so I don't ever get a chance to get into the left lane. Both the minivan and I pull to a stop at the traffic light at Neyland and Joe Johnson, right in front of the agricultural campus. Once I stop, I look up into my rearview mirror to check on the car behind me, as I usually do. This is were my weekend took a downfall. To my terror, the man driving a white car, is checking out the Tennessee River. Why, you ask? I have no idea. Maybe he saw a ripple in the water, I have no clue. All I know is that I see him approaching me, not slowing down and checking out the ducks, or whatever, on the river. I ease up of my brakes hoping to scoot up, in hopes that he will look forward and see me, and stop in time and I won't get hit. NOPE. He turns around and sees me, tries to stop, but not in time. He rear ends me into the minivan, and now we have a three way wreck involving, yes, three white cars. We pull our cars over, as no one appears to be hurt. The lady driving the minivan gets out to inspect her car, and I roll my window down. I explain what happened, and she rudely asks me, "Are you going to call the police?" So I call 911 and shortly thereafter, a rent-a-cop or something like that, shows up. He checks with us to make sure everyone is ok, and we were. He asks me if I would like to file a report, and then asks if I have looked at my car. I reply that I haven't looked at my car yet and I get out to check the damage. The cop walks around the back with me, and then tells me that the guy hit me with enough force, that my license plate number was imprinted onto the front of his car! Luckily, I had no damage to my car, front or back, except for some scratches on the paint. Actually, that was the only damage on all three cars, as there was no body damage. WHEW! Eventually, a real cop showed up and got the whole story and all our information. I ended up talking to the women in the minivan, and she was actually very nice about everything. I think she was just a little ticked off at the whole thing in the beginning. Luckily, no injuries and no major damage, so thats the good news, but what a start to the weekend! I mean, can a guy great a break or something? It just seems like everything is going bad right now for me. Hopefully, that will turn around soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home