Monday, July 10, 2006

Checking In

So it has been a little while since my last post. Not much has been going on in UT Bball Land. I'm still job searching so if anyone knows of anything out there, let me know. As of this point, I'm pretty much up for anything. I received a comment from Volboy about my review of Superman Returns. To see a more detailed review of the movie, and a pretty much dead on review in my opinion, go check out his blog linked above. In my comment section, Volboy commented that he liked Superman Returns, but found Batman Begins to be a better movie. So this brought up my debate, which superhero movie was better, Superman Returns or Batman Begins? I am usually pretty biased toward Batman as I grew up watching all the movies and having all the toys, including, oh yeah your going to be jealous, THE BAT CAVE!!!!!! I had all three model vehicles from Batman Forever, which included the Batmobile, Bat plane, and Bat boat. So yeah, I was extra cool.

But back to the debate between Superman and Batman. Superman Returns was a good movie with some really cool special effects, but it was definately too long. It seemed like the first part of the movie moved fairly slow. But once Superman appeared, everyone got that exciting feeling cause you could hear the music and you knew Superman was on his way. Sometimes I felt like I wanted more interaction between Superman and Lex Luthor. I thought the scenes where they were together were some of the best of the movie. Compared to Batman Begins, however, I felt it lacked in a couple of key areas. I thought one of the best parts of Batman Begins was the insight into how Bruce Wayne became Batman and the difficulties and emotions he had to deal with. Christopher Nolan did a great job of directing and Christian Bale did a great job as Batman. Both were able to bring back the darkness that is the "Dark Knight." The best part of the movie is how dark that it really was. So just from judging from the two movies, I would be looking forward to the sequel for Batman Begins than Superman Returns. I just can't wait to see Christian Bale go at it against the Joker. Should be exciting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Volboy said...

I love Batman becuase he's a superhero without superpowers. He trained himself to be a kick but kun fu fighter (who doesn't like kung fu) and has some great gadgets. It's Bond meets Bruce Lee, what's not to love?

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home