Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Champs....

So in the last two days, we had two professional champions crowned. Both the Carolina Hurricanes and the Miami Heat won their respectice league titles. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch game 7 if the NHL Finals Monday night due to my softball doubleheader and movie watching afterward, but it appeared as though Carolina pretty much handled the whole game in winning 3-1. Watching NHL playoff hockey is always exciting for me, as the Stanley Cup is probably the most cherished trophy in all of sports. There are tons of superstitions involved with the Cup. Most players will never touch the Cup, even if it's in front of them, until they have won it. When a team makes it to the Finals, most won't even touch or take photos with the Conference trophy that they get because they claim that the Conference trophy isn't what they seek. And then there is the playoff beards. But, anyways, if you ever watch the NHL Finals, watch how much joy is brought to these guys when they finally win the Cup. You will never see so much joy on any other professional's face ever. So on to the NBA....

I was only able to catch the 2nd half of the game last night due to another softball game, but it was a really exciting game. I had been cheering for the Heat throughout the playoffs, as I have always been a Shaq fan, and have become a Dwayne Wade fan as well. I really enjoy watching Wade play, as he can do just about anything he wants on offense. He is one of the best players I have ever seen at taking the ball to the basket, as he seems to just be able to do so at will. And don't even start with all the "Well, it's because the refs blow the whistle everytime someone gets close to him." That's ridiculous. He takees the ball to the basket stronger than anyone, and gets held and pulled everytime down the floor. But back to the game last night. I was really enjoying the game last night, until I looked at my window and noticed that it was flashing. Thus, I looked out the window to see 2 cop cars and my next door neighbors standing in the parking lot. I'm not going to go into what happened, cause I still really don't know and I couldn't make it out through the window, but it distracted me while the game was coming to an end. Needless to say, I was quite happy to see the Heat win game 6 to pull win the title. So I thought I would take this opportunity to throw out a congratulations to the Hurricanes and Heat for their titles the last two days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home