Thursday, May 25, 2006

Unexplainable Absence

I have to say that I am sorry for not posting for the last couple of days. I just haven't had the thoughts or want to post anything. I even missed my usual 24 post. Just to let everyone know, the season finale was wonderful and had some unexpected twists, especially the end. I recommend anyone that hasn't seen season 5 to go rent the DVD's when they come out.

Onto the subject of this post, movies. So the third movie in one of my favorite series comes out tomorrow, and for those that haven't figured out what I'm talking about yet, it's X-Men 3: The Last Stand. I guess you could call me a super hero junkie, but I really enjoy most of the super hero movies. Batman, Spiderman, and X-Men are all favorites of mine. Don't even get me started on how much I enjoy Batman and Spiderman cause I could definately go on for days. I watched all three of these cartoons growing up and really like all of the characters. In regards to X-Men, I thought the first movie did a really good job of setting up all of the characters for the audience, so that even if you didn't know anything about X-Men, you could relate to the movie. The second movie was my favorite so far, as it had lots of action and didn't have to have as much setup in it. I also like how the movies have been able to bring in new characters by introducing them in the previous movies. For example, both Iceman and Pyro were introduced in X1 and then became main characters in X2, and look for the same from Colossus and Kitty Pryde in X3. Both made appearances in X2 as Colossus, who can transform into metal, and Kitty Pryde, who can walk through solid objects. There have also been some big themes in the movies as well. In all the movies, but mainly in X2, one of the big themes was acceptance from everyone no matter how different you may be. So X3 has really got my blood pumping for the newest installment of this great series. I have already watched both movies again, and will be doing so once more for each before I go see the movie on Sunday. On another note, I am really looking forward to seeing Beast, as he was one of my favorite characters on the cartoons.

On another movie note, a very freaky movie is preparing to come out. For those that don't know, The Omen is about the supposed son of the devil and the coming of the anti-Christ. The movie actually looks really good and it appears like it was well made, but I don't know how crazy I am about going to see a movie about that subject. And to top everything off, it comes out on Tuesday, June 6. So for those that haven't realized it yet, it comes out on 06/06/06. So if anyone goes to see it that day, then you are officially insane, cause I don't mess with that stuff. Call me scared or superstitious or what ever you want, but I'm staying away from this movie the day it comes out. So on a brighter note, look for my review of X-Men 3: The Last Stand after the weekend. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend, and stay safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home