Friday, June 16, 2006

Random Rumblings from the World of Ben

1) We finally have a series in the NBA Finals! It looked like the Mavs were going to blow the Heat out of the water after the first 2 3/4 games, but the Heat responded and looked dominant in last night's game. My boy, The Diesel, looked like his old self out there finally and was making some really good moves. His one spin move against Eric Dampier was nice and then his no-look pass to James Posey in the 2nd half was awesome. And, of course, Dwayne Wade was awesome as usual. I've always been a Shaq fan, and I enjoy Wade's game, so I am pulling hard for the Heat to win it. And how about Jerry Stackhouse's tackle of Shaq? I don't think I've seen a 7 ft 300 lb guy fly like that before.

2) Last night was a good night for softball. I play with Calvary Chapel in a league out in Karns, and I finally hit my 1st homerun of the season last night. In my defense, I have hit two off the fence this year, and it's a big field, but I just felt like I had been in a slump. I actually felt a lot like Barry (hold the steroid jokes please) did going for 714. I felt like I was putting all this pressure on me to hit one out. I went to the batting cages last weekend, and I think I rediscovered my swing, so we will see. And just to continue the Bonds analogy, yes, I was walked my next at bat. So after the game, I hurried over to KCS to see how my West End team was doing. They were playing New York Ave. so I was pretty sure they were winning, which they were. So that was good news. 2-0 on the night is pretty good I think.

3) The Stanley Cup Finals has been really entertaining to watch this week. Wednesday night's game was great, as it featured 5 goals in the 1st period and a shorthanded overtime game winner. For those that aren't hockey fans, I recommend trying to attend a NHL game. Hockey is one of those sports where you will get hooked if you go to a game. It is a great experience live, and especially true at a NHL game. So if you get the chance next year, make the short trip on I-40 over to Nashville and check out the Preds.

4) Looking forward to next weekend as I will be making a trip up to the best amusement park in the world, Cedar Point. The College and Young Professional group at West End are taking a trip up there and it looms to be an awesome trip. Can't wait to write about it and show off some more great coaster pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home