Friday, May 26, 2006

X3 - No Spoilers contained

So originally, plans were to see X-Men 3 Sunday night after church. Well, some friends and I got together last night to watch X1 and X2, and then decided to go see X3 at the midnight showing. Being that I had gone to see Benchwarmers for the 3rd time after church Wednesday, which the movie doesn't warrant being seen that many times, and then X3 last night, I have already dozed off twice while typing this. Needless to say, 3 AM is WAY past my bed time. So any ways, on to my official review of X-Men 3: The Last Stand.

Where do I start? As I stated yesterday, I am a big X-Men fan, and thus, it was a given that I would really like the movie. Seeing how the movie relates to the cartoons is always really sweet and this movie was no exception, especially with the emergence of The Phoenix. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, Jean Grey was a student of Professor Xavier and is the most powerful mutant thus far. She develops two personalities, Jean Grey and The Phoenix. The Phoenix has always been powered by rage and is one of the most intriguing and dangerous mutants in the world. Needless to say, her emergence in the film as the leading lady of the film added a great dimension to the film. Just being able to see her awesome power is worth the price of admission alone. Most of her scenes in the movie are awesome, as Famke Janssen does an excellent job portraying this very deep character.

Elsewhere, there were some really shocking moments in the movie, stuff happening that left me saying, "Wow! I can't believe that just happened. I would have never thought that would have happened." I guarantee that if you are an X-men fan of the comics, cartoons, or first two movies, that you will enjoy this movie. Not to give anything away, but there are lot's of twists and plenty of great action in the movie. And lastly, don't make the mistake many people did last night and leave before the credits are over. Trust me, if you stay til the end of the credits, it will be well worth your while. About a quarter of the theater stuck around through the credits last night, and we were greatly rewarded for doing so. That being said, go see X-Men 3: The Last Stand in theaters now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home