Monday, July 03, 2006

It's a bird, it's a plane.....

It's Superman!!! So Friday, I was able to go see Superman Returns. I had been looking forward to going to see the movie for a while now. I had seen all of the trailers and had really become a Superman fan since Smallville came out. I definately wouldn't call myself a Superman expert, because I am far from it and don't claim to know everything about Clark Kent ,but nonetheless, I was excited to see the movie. And that excitement increased more so when I found out that the first Spiderman 3 teaser trailer was being shown in the previews. I had a sneaky suspicion that they were going to show the teaser during the Superman previews, but I was excited to hear that it was part of the previews since I am a HUGE Spiderman fan. If you didn't know, Spiderman is like my favorite superhero of all time. I watched the cartoons growing up everyday, and I have been a Spiderman fan ever since. So back on track and on to the movie....

I had heard some mixed reviews going into the movie so I really didn't know what to expect. Some had said it was good, other bad. I had even heard that some thought that Superman had some homosexual tendencies. Well, that was definately wrong and I don't know where anybody got that idea. I thought the movie was actually pretty good. It started out a lot like Spiderman 2 in that it is a fairly long movie, 2 1/2 hours, and took the first part of the movie to set everything up. But just like Spiderman 2, once the movie was over, I thought it was great. The movie has some really awesome special effects. But one of the coolest parts of the movie, is the first time that you actually see Superman. His music starts playing and you get that feeling that here comes Superman and he can do anything to save anyone. It's really exciting. Overall, I think I would give the movie 4 out of 5 stars. It probably could have been a little better, but overall it's a good summer blockbuster. Now, it's time to look forward to Spiderman 3. Coming to you May 4, 2007.

1 Comments:

Blogger Volboy said...

Hey man, its Barrett. I put a Supes review on my blog as well. Go check it out and add me to your blog list. I just added UT Bball Land to mine. Later. I really liked the movie but I love Batman the most out of all three. Later.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home