Monday, September 18, 2006

Rumblings from this weekend.....

So this weekend was quite eventful. Friday night, I went with some friends to King Tut's Grill out off of Chapman. This was my first experience at the restaurant. And it is definitely a different atmosphere. The owner of King Tut's, aka Moe, is quite an interesting guy. He likes to keep his restaurant very lively and interact with his customers. The place is fairly small, probably only fitting a total of 50 people. It is very difficult to find, basically a little house sitting off the side of the road. I walk in, and 6 of those I am meeting are already there sitting at a table. I have already noticed something strange. Heather, Jon's girlfriend, is sitting there wearing an egyptian pharoah style hat. I'm like ok. Jon proceeds to try the hat on, at which point Moe comes over and tells Jon that is not his hat, it belongs to the lady. Moe then retrieves an afro wig for Jon to wear for the rest of dinner. Moe informs us that karoake will start later and then informs us that we can make a deal with him. We now have 8 people there and he will give us 8 free desserts if someone beats him in a game of chess. Unfortunately, I am voted to play against him. Needless to say, I got creamed. He informed me later that he plays online every night til like 6 in the morning. So now were thinking we have to buy 8 desserts. Well, Moe brings me a Billy Bob hat, aka a trucker hat with a mullet hanging out the back for me to wear. After bringing us our food, Moe informs the group we can get out of our desserts if I sing karoake. At this point I'm thinking, "What in the world did I do to get involved in all this? Can you not just leave me alone and let me enjoy my food?" Long story short, 2 karoake songs, a giant gnome mask, and no desserts later, we finally left. It was definitely a crazy experience.

Saturday, Brad(young professional from West End) and I attended the game. We were able to sit in X3 row 9, which, if you didn't know, are unfreakingbelieveable seats. I was going to post a picture to make everyone jealous, but apparently Blogger is going crazy an won't let me post a picture so maybe tomorrow.

So even though we ended up losing the game, they were really good seats and it was a great game to watch. Hopefully next time the results will be a little better. So that pretty much puts an end to the weekend. My fantasy football team is now 2-0 and will be in 2nd place after tonight, so I'm pretty excited about that. But anyways, hopefully mine and Cody's IM girl's team, aka the CSC Pirates, can pull off a victory tonight. Look for a Prison Break review tomorrow. Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home