Friday, September 29, 2006

Absence

So I have been absent of lately. I really haven't felt good all week, and I have had a lot of other things on my mind. Anyways, I thought that I would jump back into the ranks of blogging. As some of you might know, I am a HUGE Smallville fan. I now own all 5 seasons on DVD, thanks to a B-Day present from the parents when it came out two weeks ago. I received the gift on Saturday and decided I needed to catch up on the show by watching all of season 5 before yesterday when season 6 of Smallville premiered. So this week at work, I watched all 22 hour-long episodes to get myself caught up for last night's premiere. I had 3 episodes to watch yesterday, and when I finished those, I was really excited about the premiere. The season 5 finale left a lot of unanswered questions with all of the cast members and, more importantly, left Clark in a dire situation. Well, let's just say that season 6 has not disappointed thus far. The season premiere answered a lot of questions and is leading toward Clark becoming Superman. When the series began, the producers promised all the action of Superman and how he became who he is but without the tights. In beginning their sixth season, it's looking as if the tights might be soon making an appearance. Clark once again was able to save the day, but he is beginning to contemplate what his true destiny on Earth is. So to end this post, here's a small quote from the end of the episode that really can be true today. To set up the quote, this happens after Clark has once again saved the day and realized that his Kryptonian father's (Jor-El) presence has left Earth.

Clark - "Everything's changing, I don't know where to go from here."

Martha Kent (Clark's mom) - "Every world needs it's heroes. They inspire us to be who we are."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home