Friday, November 03, 2006

Round Dos

So tonight I get to see the Men play again. After the killing that the men gave Lemoyne-Owen on Tuesday night, they really need to be tested somewhat. Tusculum really shouldn't give UT any kind of trouble tonight, but they should present a little more of a challenge. Here are a couple of things I'm looking at going into tonight's game.

1) More of the press. Although we probably won't get to see much of it, look for more pressing than they did against Lemoyne-Owen. Pearl really needs to get his new players acclimated to the press and see how they react to different teams. Although he won't press the whole game so that it's not a total blow out, I do expect to see more pressing than last game.

2) Jordan Howell. Jordan was cleared to practice on Wednesday and will play about 10 minutes tonight. With Jordan returning, Pearl now has 11 players available to him to play and all are capable players with no drop off occuring. Jordan is the most experienced PG on the team, which isn't saying much as he doesn't have that much experience. But what Jordan does have is a depper understanding of the offense than the two freshman do at this point.

3) Improvement on defense and boxing out. Tuesday night the team really struggled in these two aspects even though you wouldn't realize it by looking at the score. The team defense tended to struggle at times, and the perimeter players really struggled with their boxouts. I'm sure Pearl chastised the team for these two things, and I look to see some improvement in these areas tonight.

4) More of the freshman. I am looking forward to seeing more from the new guys. I got a good look Tuesday night at the freshman, but I hope to see some more tonight against hopefully some better competition.

I'm not sure if I will be able to post a game review tomorrow, as I will be attending the UT-LSU game, but I will be sure to remark on Sunday if I can't get to it tomorrow. Go VOLS! Beat the Pioneers and the Tigers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home