Thursday, December 07, 2006

Memphis Review

Wow. What a game by the Vols! They really played well last night, and of course Chris Lofton stepped up huge last night. I really don’t know if there was anyone in the country that could have guarded Chris last night. He was just that good. So, onto my thoughts on the game:

1) First shout out goes to …… the students. They really came out in force last night, with over 4,000 showing up. They had completely filled the lower level student seats by 7:45, and actually overtook section 322 last night, which aren’t student seats.

2) Chris Lofton. This kid sometimes is just unconscious from 3 sometimes. He showed his whole game off last night though, driving successfully to the basket as well as pulling up for mid range jumpers to go along with his already well known prowess of three oint shooting. Bravo Chris Bravo!

3) Dane Bradshaw. I had a chance to talk to him for a second for the game, and he is by far in the top 2 of my favorite UT players ever. I think both him and Ron Slay are tied for me at 1, since I was lucky enough to get to know both. He had an outstanding game last night, and really is the glue to this team.

4) The refs were consistently bad on both ends last night. Now, I’m not saying they favored Memphis at all. I’m just saying they were plain atrocious calling fouls on both ends. I really thought they let the game get out of hand some towards the end, and I blame all of that on the fact that they were horrific.

5) Joey Dorsey. He is now on my official hate list. I’m lucky enough to sit very close to the visitors bench for every game and hear some of what goes on. I just can’t stand the kid. And that’s saying a lot. There are lots of guys who play hard and like to fire up the crowd, but Dorsey just came across as a thug last night. He took any chance he got to take a small little cheap shot after a play last night, many which weren’t seen by the refs or cameras.

6) Ramar Smith. Ramar really showed me something last night. In my opinion, last night was his best game of the year. He played under control and seemed to let the game come to himself. Yes, he had a couple of times where he drove to the basket and threw up a bad shot, but those will come to him. He played good defense and handled the team very well when he was in the game.

7) Tony Passley handled being put on the bench very well. He had to come into the game in the first half and was able to contribute 4 good minutes. He played excellent defense, crashed the boards hard, collecting 3 rebounds, without turning the ball over. He played within himself, and might have worked out some more time for himself depending on the injury situation for JaJuan.

Overall, it was a really great game to watch. But it is no surprise that the Stat Line of the Night goes to…..

Stat Line of the Night:

                TOT-FG  3-PT         REBOUNDS
Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN
Lofton,Chris... 12-18 6-11 4-4 1 4 5 1 34 1 4 0 1 34
How about averaging 1 point per minute for the game! WOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home